Taking website backups is super important. There are multiple ways to do it. Here’s the easiest way for you:
- Login to your
- In the Files section, click on “Backup Wizard”
- Click on “Backup”
- Click on “Full Backup”
- Select “Home Directory”as Backup Destination
- Enter yourEmail Address to receive a notification once the backup is ready
Click on “Generate Backup”
- Sit back and relax for a while. You’ll receive an email notification once the backup is ready on the server
- Once you have that email in your inbox, login to your cPanel again and browse to the same path again i.e. Backup Wizard > Backup > Full Backup
- You’ll now see a downloadable link below that says “Backups Available for Download”, click on this link
That’s it. Your entire website backup is now getting downloaded onto your computer.
Note – A full backup will create an archive of all the files and configurations on your website. You can only use this to move your account to another server, or to keep a local copy of your files. You cannot restore full backups through your cPanel interface.