Permissions can be super important when it comes to hosting your website. You can set read, write and execute permissions to your website files. Based on your application requirement, you need to understand as to which of your files need which of these permissions. You can change your file permissions in many ways. Here’s the easiest one:
- Login to
- Scroll down to the Files section
- Click on “File Manager”
- Select “Web Root”& Click on Go
- You’ll now see all the files hosted in your web hosting package
- Select the file for which you’d like to change the permissions
- Click on the “Change Permissions”icon that you see on top
- Select the permissions you’d like to set for this file.
- Click on “Change Permissions”
That’s it. You’ve just set the new permissions for your files on the server.