As opposed to Linux hosting servers where you need to have a primary file named as ‘index’, you can set a custom name for your primary file on Plesk. However, for the server to consider it as a default file, you need to follow these quick steps mentioned below:
- Login to your Plesk Panel.
- Click on ‘Websites & Domains’
- Expand the Advanced Section.
- Click on ‘Virtual directories’.
Under tools, Click on ‘Directory Properties’.
- Scroll to Documents section.
- You can type the name of the file in the box and click Add or select the name from the list that matches your file name.
- Select the name and move it to the top of the list using UP option.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click OK
That’s it. You have successfully set the Default(primary) file that gets fetched while loading the domain