To be sure that the Certificate has been installed correctly and working properly, as well as that your customers are certain a secured connection is enabled and it covers data transmission through your website, you have the following indicators:
- A padlock icon available in the URL bar;
- No error messages/ warnings occurred when connecting through https://yourdomain.tld;
- A Site Seal provided by the Certificate Authority installed and visible.
To have all these factors boosting up your visitors’ confidence you need to:
- Install a validated Certificate received from the Certificate Authority according to the instructions;
- Check installation of the certificate using one of these checkers: sslchecker, certlogic, Comodo checker, GeoTrust checker, SSLLabs
- Make sure that there is an automatic redirect from http://yourdomain.tld to https://yourdomain.tld (if needed);
- Check that port 443 is open;
- If you want to check content errors click here
- Avoid displaying any insecure content here
- Install a Site Seal following instructions.
You can check installation instructions in our provided documentation.